- Monday June 26 7pm Raise the Rates. Grandview Calvary Baptist Church, 1803 East 1st
- Sunday, June 11th Outside the Balmoral Hotel, 159 E. Hastings. Block party.
- Sunday, June 4 Canada Palestine Association protest 50 years of Israeli Military Occupation at Jewish National Fund gala, 4:30 to 6:30 pm at the Four Seasons Hotel, 791 W Georgia (at Howe), Vancouver
- Sunday, May 28 Welcoming the walkers on the Walk for the Salish Sea 8:45 am – Grandview Park, Vancouver (Charles & Commercial Drive)
If you’re thinking of supporting this cause financially, donations are being matched by an anonymous donor, and online donations are tax deductible in Canada and the US, as well. Click here for the donor page
- Wednesday, May 17th, “Strategically Yours” a Night of Politics and Song (in connection with the Pacific Northwest Labour History Conference) 7:30 pm. Ukrainian Hall, 805 E Pender
- SATURDAY MAY 6, 7 pm Hootenanny: Inclusion & Diversity; We’re in the Same Boat.
Solidarity Notes & Friends, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 W 49th Avenue (at Oak). Sponsored by the Solidarity Notes Labour Choir and the Unitarian Church’s Social Justice Committee, in aid of the Carnegie Community Action Project and Solidarity Notes. Tickets $15 or pay what you can.With the participation of Cecilia Point (Musqueam welcome), Phoenix Winter (President, Carnegie Community Centre, MC), the Carnegie Choir, Gathering Place Choir, Newcomers Choir (Burnaby), Random Strings, St James Music Academy Fiddlers, Theatre Terrific Choir, Vancouver Folk Song Society, and Solidarity Notes. Poster by Murray Bush.
- April 30, 2-4 pm May Day Celebration @ Grandview Park (Williams & Commercial)
- April 29, 1 pm March for Jobs, Justice & Climate, Science World
- April 3, 6:30 pm. Book launch Assassination of a Saint with author Matt Eisenbrandt investigating murder of Archbishop Oscar Romero, El Salvador 1980. St. James Community Square, 3214 West 10th Avenue (at Trutch)
- March 26, 12:45 pm. International Day Against Racism rally. Meet at Thornton Park
- March 17, 7:30 pm. David Rovics concert, Grace Memorial Church, 803 E 16th Ave (@ Prince Albert)
- March 11, 1-3 pm. Brian Campbell’s Solidarity Celebration, WISE Hall, 1882 Adanac Street
- March 4, 1:45 pm. Britannia Community Centre Open House
- March 2, 2-4 pm. BC Disability Caucus, Rally Against BC Liberals Poverty and Disability Actions, Victoria
- Feb 15, 7 pm. Folk Song Society, 1090 W 70th
- Jan 29, 1 pm. Memorial for Regina Brennan – Maritime Labour Hall
- Jan 21, 9:45 am. Women’s March – meet outside Canada Place
- Jan 11, 6:30 pm. Raise the Rates launch of “We Can’t Afford Poverty” campaign
- Jan 6, 6:45 pm. Edith Cavell Gdns., 2835 Sophia
- Jan 4, 2017 Kinder Morgen protest. Executive Plaza Hotel, 405 North Rd, Coquitlam
https://youtu.be/7JT6VLX4I0w; https://youtu.be/xazrOSBt5tI; https://youtu.be/W94SZOaY6dw
- Tues Sept 6 and Tues Sept 20. 3 pm. Singing in solidarity with locked out UNIFOR worker at BCNU office, 4060 Regent Street, Burnaby
- Sat Sept 24. 1pm to 5:30 pm. Celebration of International Peace Day. Fleetwood Community Centre, 84 Ave and 160 St, Surrey
- Sunday Oct 2. Folksong retreat at Camp Alexandra. Zipper song workshop.
- Nov 4. 7:15 pm. American Musicology Society, Sheraton Wall Centre – 1088 Burrard
Saturday November 5. Fall conference closing. BC Assoc. of Social Workers.
- Nov 9, 2:45 pm. Singing in solidarity with locked out UNIFOR worker at BCNU office, 4060 Regent Street, Burnaby
- Dec 2, 12-1:30 pm. Raise the Rates Protest at CBC Food Bank day
- Dec 3, 7 pm. Migrante BC. UNIFOR Hall, 326 12th St, New Westminster
- Dec 17, Canada Palestine Association, Boycott, Divest, Sanctions protest at BC Liquor Store, Cambie and 8th Ave
- March 3: National Climate Rally 4:30-6:00 pm Vancouver Convention Centre
- March 13: Stop Site C dam rally; 12-2 pm at BC Hydro, 333 Dunsmuir, Vancouver
- March 24: Canada Palestine Association Picket/March; Boycott, Divest, Sanction, 2 pm. Canadian Air Transportation Security Authority (CATSA): DROP G4S! Don’t Support War Crimes in Palestine! Meet at Sea Island Centre Skytrain Station (Canada Line)
- April 1: Raise the Rates Rates Protest — 11:30 am Thornton Park
- April 16: 6:30 pm. Volcano Newspaper benefit, Grandview Calvary Baptist Church, 1803 E 1st Avenue, Unceded Coast Salish Territory
- May 1: 9:30 am. Walk for Memories: Alzheimer’s Fundraiser, Burnaby Lake Rowing Pavilion
- May 1: SOLIDARITY NOTES AND FRIENDS HOOTENANNY
7 pm, Unitarian Church, 949 W 49th Avenue. Fundraiser for Raise the Rates, Solidarity Notes Labour Choir, and the Unitarian Church Refugee Program.
- May 17: Raise the Rates “Thank You”
Grandview Calvary Baptist Church hall, 1803 East 1st Ave, Vancouver, Unceded Coast Salish Territory. [Call time 6:45 pm; perform 7:30 pm]
- May 27-30: Northwest Folklife Festival – Seattle
- June 11: Wild Salmon Caravan – Crab Park (north end of Main Street) [call time 2 pm]
- June 19: 10 am. Service for Refugees, Unitarian Church, 949 W 49th Ave
- June 19: 7:30 pm -10 pm – Britannia Community Centre Summer Solstice Coffee House
- August 19-21: Princeton Music Festival